SECURITY LIGHT FLASHES AND WONT ALLOW ME TO START VEHICLE OCCASIONALLY.

2001 Cadillac Deville • 180,000 miles

I have had troubles starting my car. I noticed that the security light sometimes flashes before I try to start it, and that's normally when it won't start up. If I Leave the car alone, without the keys in it, for about fifteen minutes, it will start up again. I have tried "resetting" the PK3 key with the ignition, but it doesn't work.
Kevinking317

A common failure is broken wires on the lock cylinder inside the column. A shop can verify this and give you a bid.

Hey not sure if you have fix it yet but I know how to fix it. Send me an e-mail at adkinscarl11@yahoo. Com and I'll tell you how to fix it yourself for about $20.00 in part from radio shack. I had the same problem on my 2000 deville concours. Its a website I got the info from and I did it myself and saved over $500.00 dollars cuz the dealer will charge you an arm and leg.

Adkinscarl