AFTER A WEEK OF CONTANTLY JUMPSTARTING MY THE CAR WONT START AT ALL

2001 Cadillac Deville • 108 miles

Some1 jumped the car with booster car cables backwards battery went completely dead had it charged and car started. After a few times of driving battery would die as car sat so ive bin charging battery as it went dead and now car wont start at all after battery gets full charge. Can some1 please help me
Tee

Sounds like it's time to replace the battery.

Wrenchtech
Check the fusible links and miniature fuses-if okay short out the starter motor and see if itll crank the engine

I put a voltmeter on and reads 12.8 still get a new battery?

Tee
Have it tested if you have any doubts.

Wrenchtech
Ok but all lights and radio come on but wen turn key nothing with before wen battery was dead id here the preated clik clik clik now nothing

Tee
Youll need to replace the battery. Youll need a altenator. Reversing the wires blows the diode in the alt.
This clik click thing is a dead battery.

Cadieman
Backwards hookup blows the diode in the alt. It will need to be rebuilt or u need a alt. The click click is a dead battery most likely this started from this problem. Your battery voltage is to low. Make sure you check all your connections. Ty for using 2carpros

Cadieman