I HAVE A GLS 2.0 4CYL THAT STOP'S RUNNING AFTER ABOUT 15-20 MIN THEN SOMETIMES STARTS RIGHT BACK UP AND AT OTHER TIMES IT HAS TO SIT. I TOOK IT INTO A SHOP THEY SAID IT WAS MY COOLING FANS (EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT THERE WAS ONLY ONE COOLING FAN O

2000 Volkswagen Jetta • 100,000 miles

The fist time it died I was on the interstate. I got towed to a park and ride and I tried to start it it started right up and I drove the last 60 miles I had to go. Then when I was leaving from where I was I went about a half a mile and it quit. Sometimes it would start right back up and at other times it would not. Please tell me you can help. Thank you for you time and consideration.
Willfromthek

When the vehicle won't restart, you need to check to see if the engine is getting spark and fuel. One will be missing. There are directions on our homepage under the DIY section to help. Once you determine which is missing, then you can focus on that circuit.