VAUXHALL VECTRA ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Vauxhall Vectra • 120,000 miles

Hi, quick question if I may please. I have a 2000 1.8 16v Vectra with aprox 120k on the clock, recently, as the weather has been getting colder, it's having some cold-start up issues. The car cranks fine, starts fine, but until the temp gauge hits the top blue line on the in-dash display it won't idle properly. If you try to pull away it stalls, but if you just sit there with the engine running for 5 mins it's perfect. If you try and give it a bit of gas the engine revs very lumpy, almost as if it's only on 3 cylinders. There's also a ticking noise (for about 10 secs) from under the bonnet at the start too, but that could just be a normal sound.
Should I not start the car up until later in the day when ambient temp is much higher, the car starts and runs without issue. So it doesn't seem to be a cold engine issue but an air temp issue? Any ideas please? Idle control valve seems to be a regular on these motors, but I'm definitely no expert!
Thanks for your time.

Identical problem with mine, replaced plugs, ignition pack, maf sensor and coolant temp sensor, still the same? Will run all day without problem once it's warmed up.

Bobgreenwell