CLUTCH REPLACEMENT

2000 Toyota Corolla • FWD Manual •

2000 toyota corolla driver's side cvs axle removal. Having a lot of problems getting it out. I have it detached from the wheel housing and it still will not detach from the transmission. Is there something I'm missing? A clip that I can't find?
SamandJacob

COROLLA
Removal
Raise and support vehicle. Remove front wheels. Disconnect ABS speed sensor (if applicable). Remove cotter pin and axle shaft lock nut cap. Apply brakes, and remove axle shaft bearing lock nut. Remove engine undercover. Drain transaxle fluid into proper container. Disconnect tie rods from steering knuckle.
Disconnect steering knuckle from lower control arm. Using a plastic hammer, separate right side axle shaft from bearing hub. Use a brass drift and hammer to separate left side axle shaft from transaxle. Remove snap ring. Use caution to prevent damage to speed sensor serrations on axle shaft.

The axle would be stuck rather tight.

On the axle inner joint there are grooves for you to attach a special too to remove it.

One way is to use a wedge to pry on the slots and knock the axle out.