TOYOTA COROLLA SPARK PROBLEM

2000 Toyota Corolla • 120,000 miles

My car is not starting. The code off the computer is a p1305, p1310 and p1315. Coil packs were changed but the problem remains. Vehicle will only tumble. I changed the ECU to see if this will help but it did not. What other suggestions do you have to resolve this issue.

Robin PH# 1-868-689-6338
email rbujhawan@gmail. Com
Rbujhawan

First, put your old pcm back and lets start at basics

fuel pressure, spark and compression. Check them and let us know what is missing

Thats new information. It sounds like you need a new shop that will test the vehicle correctly and tell you the failure.

I assume it is at the shop and available to you.

By what is missing, I mean if fuel pressure is not here, then we know the system that has failed, no spark is that system and no compression is another system

Roy,

Appreciate if you can clarify.
What do you mean by let us know what is missing?
Is it that you want me to do a compression test? A fuel pressure test? And to check if I get a spark when the engine tumbles? I am the owner of the car and I am doing this to help out the mechanic who is not too IT savy.

Robin

Rbujhawan
Roy,

I called the Mechanic.

1. No spark on the spark plugs
2. Fuel pressure between 33-42 lbs
3. Compression approx 150lbs

Rbujhawan
This is a basic issue. He needs to check the primary ignition system.

Once again, if he cannot handle a simple issue as this, you need a new shop and tesch

Roy,

My apologies, it was my misunderstanding of what you were requesting the mechanic has given me the info you requested. Only spark is missing. Compression and fuel pressure is present at the values I sent.

Robin

Rbujhawan
Roy,

What specific tests can he perform on the primary ignition system to help trouble shoot the source of the problem?

Robin

Rbujhawan
Try this

Thanks Roy! I will have him go through these tests and let you know the results.
Robin

Rbujhawan
Rbhujawan,

can you please tell me what was the cause of the problem if you have found it. I have the same code and it doesn't start. New coils, spark plugs are put in but same thing. I took it to three different mechanics but none of them could figure this out.

Thanks.

Mrspongebob