TOYOTA CELICA FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2000 Toyota Celica • 115,700 miles

My toyota recently stopped turning on. Since it previously would have trouble starting and I had to push the accelerator till in turned on, I assumed it was a fuel pump problem. So I put the key in the ignition and turned it to the on position to see if I could hear the pump working but it was not. So I went and bought the fuel pump and replaced it. After everything was hooked up again I could still not hear the pump working. So I checked the fuses in the front of the car under the hood and everything was good. A friend told me to try and hook up directly the fuel pump by getting wires that stretched from the battery into the fuel pump. Once I did I could hear the fuel pump working and the car would still not turn on. I can hear the car trying but it just wont start. The battery is good and the fuel pump is brand new. Please help me.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Check above link for more information. You need to crank the engine to get the fuel pump running.