IS THE PROBLEM THE STARTER OR STARTER RELAY?

2000 Saturn SL1

When I turn the key the radio and lights and everything comes on but the car won't start. There is no clicking noise from the starter. If it is the starter relay where would that be located. If it is the starter is there anyway to get it started one more time so I can take it to get it fixed?
Marko0223

Stick or automatic?

Fixitmr
Automatic

Marko0223
Have you tried starting in neutral instead of park?

Fixitmr

Marko0223
There is no starter relay. Try tapping on starter when holding start. If it works brushes are bad replace starter. If that dont happen check small wire at solenoid for power when key is start. If power exists check engine for good battery strap ground. If ground good and power at wire replace starter. The cover on rear of starter body removes to inspect brushes.

Fixitmr
Just to add to this one what usually happens on those starters is the solenoids go bad. Since you cant hear the solenoid click then solenoid isnt moving and brushes wouldnt be getting power. Best bet is to check the battery all connections and see if the purple wire to the starter solenoid has power when the key is in the start position. If so bad starter.

Good starters now if I could just find a place to buy parts like drive and brushes.

Fixitmr
It all depends on the starter you can try http://www.rockauto.com

No go for my 98 sl2 and google didn't turn anything up so that freaked me. Maybe try rebuild shop.

Fixitmr
Are you sure its the brushes?Most of the time its a starter solenoid which I have seen for sale on ebay.