WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE A/C DIODE,WHAT TYPE DO I NEED,AND WHERE GET ONE. ALSE HAVE PULLY QUESTION,AND YEAR OF MANUFACTUR QUESTIONS SEE DETAILS

2000 Saturn SC2 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 145,000 miles

What type a/c diode do I need for my 2000 saturn sc2, and what does it lok like, part #? Where can I get one, what will happen if I do not get one, my air is blowing cool but blowes better when going down the road.I got a dioed from a ford ranger and it waz a little lose and now sevies engine light on took it out but light still on? ( And my date on door says the car was made in 8/1999 is that a 99 or a 2000?)I just replaced my drive beltentioner asybly and my vin number say the replcment part has a 90mm pully on it but the one I took of is a 76mm pully and the tentioner arm is dfrint I put the 90mm pully and arm on and car seems to be fine but will it do any timming isues to car if it is the ronge pully?
Bill partridge

The month 7 or greater is the next year up so with 8/99 is a 2000 model year car. The diode is to keep power from the a/c clutch from back feeding into the electrical system. As far as the tensior pulley goes there is no timing for the accessory belt the engine has a timing chain so is thr belt is tight and the tenisor isnt rattling your ok. Your best bet on the diode would probably be the dealer that would be your best bet.