TIRE STUCK AFTER LUGS REMOVED

2000 Saturn Other • 129,000 miles

I am having trouble removing the front driver side tire on my 2000 Saturn LS1 to change my brakes. This is not the first time I have changed brakes but after I removed the hubcap and the five lug nuts the tire would not come off. I notice a giant lug nut with teeth on it, in the middle but I am not sure if I am suppose to take that off. Any suggestions would help greatly.
SkylerH

Um NO. That's the axle nut.

Fixitmr
I didn't figure I needed to remove it. That would be too complicated. I going to try to spray some rust remover to see if it breaks free but there is no rust visible. I don't know what else could be holding it in place.

SkylerH
Just to add to this one I have seen this before get some liquid wrench spray it around the center area of the rim where the axle nut is. Let it soak in for a while then leave four of the lug studs out. Screw one of the lug studs about half way in then get a big dead blow soft faced hammer. Then go on the inside of the rim and smack the outside of the rim spin the wheel do some more smacking. Continue till the wheel pops loose I have done it tons of times when I worked in upstate new york. The salt and snow corrodeds the wheel hub etc locks the wheels in place. They can get pretty stuck. Let me know how it goes.

Remove the 5 lugs then spray with wd40 on and or try kicking the tire back and fourth whyll its sitting on the jack or put a prybar in between the rim and rotor and slowly pry as u turn the rim untill it comes off. Once it breaks loose it will come rightoff.

Cadieman
Leave one lug stud screwed in half way if you dont the wheel will suddenly come loose and go flying across your garage. Also I wouldnt be putting my leg under the car kicking the wheel loose. For one you could hurt leg for another if the car suddenly came down from kicking the wheel it would crush your leg or worse. If you try prying it off you could damage the wheel or something else. My way works well I have done many times on those cars when I worked at the saturn dealer.

Also make sure the car is on a jack stand not just a jack just being on a jack would make it really dangerous.