SATURN OTHER ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Saturn Other • 134,000 miles

2000 Saturn LW2 starts up ok every morning when the engine is cold and usually starts up ok after work when the engine has again cooled down. However, for some reason the car has recently been hard to start if I stop once or twice on the way home from work, go into a store for 15 minutes or so, and then try to start the car up. I changed the battery but the problem remains. If I wait a while and try it again, it will typically start but sometimes it takes 20 or so attempts before it fires up. At the same time, it starts up every morning on the first try. I have also noticed that if I stop the car in my driveway (after returning home from a battle with getting the car to start), turn the engine off and then immediately try to restart the warm car, it will start up again and again. It seems as though the problem shows up after a partial cooldown of the engine. No error codes showed up when the car was checked. I just passed the smog check about a month ago. This is a new problem. Any suggestions. Thank you.
Daveht

Somr Saturns had faulty Crank sensors heat would cause them to fail, until it cooled enough, check that first.

Merlin2021