DIAGRAM FOR LW2 3.0 V6

2000 Saturn Other

I have a 2000 Saturn lw2 v6 3.0 and I am looking for the diagram that shows the timing belt and camshaft alignments so we can re align my engine. We should it was the water pump and when we took the timing belt cover off we realized it was a seized pulley for the timing belt. Now we need to make sure all the marks are aligned do you know where we can get a diagram? Thanks
Johnh2013

I can get the timing marks but you still need the timing belt alignment set to set the timing correctly.

Ok. Is that something we can buy or rent do you know? I will look into it.

Johnh2013
They don't rent them but eBay and amazon sell them Iwould get the OTC one. The number is OTC 6687.

Can you please let me know where I can get the marks diagram so I can get this finished please. I cannot find it in the chilton's manual either. Thanks

Johnh2013
I will get you the marks but you will still need the tool get to set the timing correctly.

Heres how you set up the cams you match the numbers to the backing plate notchs and marks on the belt with marks on the cams and on the crank.
Each mark has a number under it. The rear cams have marks numbered 1 + 2. The front cams have marks numbered 3 + 4. Starting at the rear head use the the numbered marks in order. Rear head exhaust cam use the mark with the "1" under it. Rear head intake cam, use the mark with the "2" under it. Front head intake cam use the mark with the "3" under it. Front head exhaust cam use the mark with the "4" under it.

When we got everything to line up we rotated the rotated the engine 2 times and then nothing lined up again. Why is this?

Johnh2013
The marks on the belt didn't line up?They wont line up after you turn the engine over Unless you turn it over enough times where they line up again.