HOW DO YOU TAKE OFF THE PART THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE OFF TO REPLACE THE RIGHT FRONT WHEEL BEARING SO THAT IT CAN BE PRESSED OUT AND THE NEW PRESSED IN?

2000 SAAB 9-5 • 180,000 miles

What is the name of the part that I need to take off? Are any special tools needed? Would I be able to press the old one out and press the new one in myself? How can I tell if there has been damage to the hub/spindle that the wheel bearing rotates on (it is making quite a loud noise now and it started quite a long time ago with the previous owner at wich time it was diagnoised by the dealer as having a slight noise in the front right wheel bearing. Thanks, Larry
Lunch

Youll need a large socket to remove the axle nut then a hammer to hit the axle back inso you can remove the wheel bearing. Then you need to remove the brake caliper and rotor. Then the nbolts that hold the wheel bearing in. Then the wheel bearing may come out with a light force tapping on the back. If it doesn't then you'll have to get a puller for it. The reverse procedure to reassemble.