REMOTE NOT WORKING

2000 Pontiac Sunfire • 10,000 miles

I am unable to lock or unlock my car with the remote. It worked fine this I locked my car using the remote later on I went to unlock my car with the remote and it didn't work. I then tried unlocking by using the key that set off the alarm. I managed to get the alarm off by pressing the alarm key a few times. I went and bought new batteries that didn't work. I have been told I have electrical problems with the car but everything was working fine this morning but now after the rain the remotes are not working. I even pressed the remote near the car for one minute to reset it and that didn't work either.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Helpfulwife

It may have to be reprogrammed.

Do you have another fob? If so, does it work?

Yes I do have another fab and it doesn't work either. What I tried was used my key to unlock the door and started my car that stopped the alarm but unfortunately I can't lock my car.

Helpfulwife
Do you have power locks that work inside the car?

I have lock on the drivers door and on the front passenger door. It is strange that when I unlock the car the alarm comes on and when I start the car the alarm comes off. Could it be something do with wiring and the rain.

Helpfulwife
Possibly, but is the alarm system factory or aftermarket?

Not sure we bought the car from a used car dealership. Surprising enough this morning no problem with the car I could lock and unlock the car but later on in the day it stop working.

Helpfulwife