HOW TO REPLACE AN OIL PUMP IN A SLE

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

I am doing the job myself and I need to know where the oil pump is located and how to get it off. The car is a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE.

Robtaylor

It is in the front cover, so you will have to remove the front cover once that is done then you can remove the oil filter adapter to get to the pump gears to replace them.

Racefan966
If you need more of a walk through just ask and I will do my best to help.

Racefan966
@Racefan966. Ok because I was told that I would have to take of the oil pan to fix the oil pump. Taking off the front cover is easy but then i'm lost. Im not sure what the oil filter adapters look like. Yes I need more of a walkthrough if you dont mind. Thanks for the help as well!

Robtaylor
Here is the front cover pic now if you look to the lower left you will see that the oil filter adapter is not on it that is where it would bolt on. No the gear set for the oil pump is there behind the crank pulley.

Racefan966
Let me know what else you need and I will look it up for you.

Racefan966