VAN DIES WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD

2000 Plymouth Voyager • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 176,000 miles

While driving down the road my van dies. Its done it several times over a 3 day period. Seems like it dies. Then if I wait a couple mins it starts back up. When it started to do it last night I caught it and floored the gas(which pulled it out) Seems almost like Im running out of gas at higher speeds. And it did it to me last night only going 15MPH. Im told maybe fuel filter? Or fuel pump? Or clogged catalytic converter? Any imput would be appreciated. I cant afford to spend a lot of money tracking this down. Im fairly descent with electronics and know how to read a repair manual!
Helpmepls1990dodgeB250

Start by checking the fuel pressure with a gauge to rule out the fuel filter and pump

Will the pressure be different if the problem is not occuring? It shuts down driving down the road. Then a couple mins later starts up.

It will show on the gauge if its the fuel pump when it starts losing pressure while you monitor it-next time it dies -look for fuel and spark immediately -do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

I have installed a new fuel pump and also a brand new filter so I could get warranty on pump. Still having same issue. I have tried to swap out the relays and this also seems to not be working Im still having the same issuse. I'll be driving down the road and all of a sudden its like I turned the key off but none of the lights go out or anything eventually the check engine light and stuff comes on, but not for a second. Where would I find the fuel pressure regulator? Seems like when I let off the gas it wants to die and wont start after. But if I get it running and keep my foot on the gas it seems like it will stay running. Any ideas?

Ok deffinitly no spark. I got the van to stop working today in the drive by idling it up from under the hood I did it for about 2-3 mins and it shut of and will not start. Have fuel pressure. No spark. None at all.

Check coil/s and crankshaft position sensor

Car cools and yet again I have spark. I tested 2 different posts off the coil pack and seems like my spark is yellowish not blue at all. Coil(s) and crankshaft position sensor will be replaced tomorrow pending testing on the resistances of the coil(s) and testing the sensor. Will post results!

On the ignition coil--- I have tested the primary resistance between the B+ and the 2, 3 cylinder pins at 1.2Ohms resistance and the B+ and 1, 4 cylinder pins at 1.4ohms. On the secondary resistance across the coil towers has tested 12500Ohms on both the top and bottom. Auto store tells me the primary resistance should be between 0.55-0.7Ohms

Would this cause the problems I have listed above? Going to get a new ignition coil tomorrow for further testing.

Replaced plugs and wires today still having problem. Have had someone else helping me turn car over while I listen to it when its not starting. Seems like several of my relays which test good all click when its not wanting to start. Seems like several of them are doing it. Also the computer that is right beside the box with all the relays in it is making a really high pitched sqeal noise. When the car is starting the relays do not do the same thing. Havent noticed noise from the computer there either when its running. Possible that I have a bad computer?