POWER STEERING PROBLEMS

2000 Opel Astra • 320,000 miles

Hi I have a Opel 1600 CDE and recently it just started jerking. I've changed the spark plugs and while busy doing so accidently touched the battery with the spanner that I was using. After changing the spark plugs my car did not have power steering any more. It is very difficult to turn can you please give advice.
Bassonpj

Check all your fuses and are any warning lights on dash when car is running?

Fixitmr
An Auto electrician did check the fuses inside the car and could find nothing wrong with it. There is an engin light that is on when I switch on the car, but its been coming on a long time now. The other fuses outside in the bonnet the big ones he did not check. Do think it is better if I replace all the fuses. Also where does the power steering motor get it power from? Please help me with advice as the people that I consult so far charged me a farms money.

Bassonpj
Definately look at fuses under hood. There may be a fusible link too near battery connections or on starter posts. I cant find wiring diagram for this car yet.

Fixitmr
Thank you so much for your advice it was indeed one of my fuses in the bonnet. Thank you really thank you! Keep up the good work. Thank you again God Bless.

Bassonpj