I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHERE THIS IS COMING FROM AND WHAT IT IS?

2000 Oldsmobile Alero • 225,000 miles

I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero with a 2.4L Twin Cam engine that is pouring out oil from the top side of the engine on the drivers side. The leak is just below my spark plug coil. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where this is coming from and what it is?
Tylerborton

That sounds like a faulty valve cover gasket. The gasket also seals the oil from entering the spark plug holes.

Also being an over head cam motor it could be the cam carrier housing just below the valve cover too.

ALLPRO
Ive gotten that and also ive gotten that it could possibly be the sending unit. I really hope this isnt too much to fix because I just got laid off and I really dont have the money to fix it. Maybe its time to just look for a new car. Ive put so much money in to this car, it ridiculous. How much do you think that would be to fix though?

Tylerborton
That or could you tell me how I could repair it myself? Because if I can afford the parts, id be able to fix it myself and not pay the labor fees to take it to a mechanic

Tylerborton
If it is the oil pressure sending unit they are cheap and easy to fix.

The cam carriers are realllllly labor intensive to repair as you need to pull the cams and timing chain to do the job.

Really you need to pull the ignition coil housing and wash everything down with engine degreaser and hot water. Then start the car and let run for a little bit to show where exactly the leak is coming from. Then you can decide whats leaking and if its worth fixing.

Once you find the leak for sure let me know what it is! Good luck

ALLPRO