RUNNING HOT AFTER REPLACING 3 MOTORS

2000 Oldsmobile Alero • 140,000 miles

I have a 2000 Alero, it was owned by mother and my aunt who passed away and I got the car. They had no problems with it. It was purchased by my aunt brand new. I have the had the car for car for 3 yrs now. I have put 3 motors in the car in the past 3 years. Just recently about 7 months ago. My car after a few months starts to run hot and the head gaskets are blown. I have replaced just about every part that can be replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostate, plugs, wires and radiator. Each time after a few months, it starts to run hot again and I am constantly stopping to put water and antifreeze in it and after about a few trips; it runs hot again and then the head gaskets are blown. I have replaced the motor 3 different times. Buying motors and having them put in along with all new replacemet parts. I want to know why after replacing 3 motors why after about a couple it starts to run hot. I have even disconnected the heater hose
Lyneemad

After each job since it can last a few months, it means nothing was wrong then. Hoses, joints etc can deteriorate over time resulting in leakages and the reason for you to be topping up the coolant.

When problems starts, you ought to have diagnosed the source of the leak and rectified the problem. I am surprised that after so many engine changes you are still not careful with this.

Check all the clamps and hoses used. Inferior quality clamps and hoses would result in leakages at joints after some time when the hose hardens.

See if u can rent a pressure tester at the parts store.U put it on the radiator. Remove the cap then screw the tester on and pump it up. Then u look for leaks. Gl

Cadieman