POSSIBLE BRAKE / TIRE CHANGE ISSUE?

2000 Oldsmobile Alero • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 90,000 miles

Last week I replaced my front tires on my Olds Alero. Some noise was there right away, but today, (within 150 miles of the tire change), it is suddenly extremely loud and bad, like my front brakes are grinding metal to metal.
A mechanic told me the brakes were fine just a few months back.
What can you tell me?
Njoy_life_2

Have that wheel and suspension looked at. Could be just a coincedenatl bad wheel bearing. Grab topp of tire and pull back and forth. If there is ANY play/noise you got a bad/loose wheel/wheel bearing.

Fixitmr
Have it checked ASAP. They could have left the wheels loose or something else could be coming apart.

Wrenchtech
Thank you both so very much. I didn't think about it before, but you provide what, at times, is likely a life-saving service!

Njoy_life_2
Just an 'fyi', I went to the garage, after a quick stop at the parts store for brake pads, (just in case)
Good thing I did, they were needed, plus one of the caliper 'sliders' was stuck.
I adore my mechanic!

Njoy_life_2