DECREASE IN RADIATOR WATER QUANTITY AFTER EVERY 5 DAYS.

2000 Nissan Maxima • 380,000 miles

Hi,
I have nissan maxima 2000. Before 1 month it catch up heat. After that after every 5 days there is decrease in radiator water. Air bubbles are also appearing in water. Missing and vibration is also there at low speed.
i already changed spark plugs and coil.

please tell me what is the problem ASAP.
Adi1991

You have a leak and from the sounds of it, it may be a blown head gasket from overheating.
You need a leak down test to verify the integrity of the motor. The miss fits in with the air bubbles that you describe.

If the recovery tank is also decreasing, then it might not be too serious. There is a leak somewhere and a pressure test would allow you to check for leakages.

If the recovery tank is not decreasing but overflowing instead, you either have a bad radiator cap or as Roy mentioned, a bad head gasket.

Thanks for the reply. May be its head gasket because I didn't find the decrease in quantity of water in recovery tank.

So if I am going to change the head gasket then it is compulsory to change valves, pistons and piston rings?

Adi1991
Nope, not necessary to bother with the engine block components unless you have wear of the cylinder liners or compression is poor. The valves need not be replaced unless they are bad but valve lapping and replacement of the valve seals would be recommended if the heads are removed.

Check the radiator cap and if condition is bad, replace it and retest.

Sir,
how I will check the engine compression.

And I already changed the radiator cap but no effect.

Adi1991
You need a compression gauge plugged into the plug hole after removing spark plugs and crank the engine to get the reading.

Thanks guys for the support. : -)

Adi1991