OIL PRESSURE

2000 Mitsubishi Montero • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic •

My oil pressure guage is not giving me a reading(below zero and doesnt move) I replaced the oil pressure sender unit and all I am getting is a flickering of the oil light on the dash board when I rev the engine ( the guage still doesnt move), I accedentally bought the wrong unit first (oil light switch) and when it was installed the guage would move to maximum when the oil light is on and then move to the below zero position when the vehicle is started(light is off) which tells me that the guage itself is connected and working. When I bought the vehicle it was working fine however it stopped working over a year now how can I get the guage to work properly again
Tylenol

*clarification* the guage was working fine when I bought the vehicle and the guage itself stopped giving me a reading over a year ago

Tylenol
If you have already replaced the sending unit, you need to start checking wiring from the sending unit to the gauge. I have a feeling you have a wire that is broken internally or you may have even gotten a bad sending unit again.

If you hear no knocking or ticking from the engine, then it has oil pressure.

It is a brand new genuine sender unit bought from the dealer. But why does the light flicker when the engine is revved? And also remember that when I connected the wrong unit the guage gave me a reading (a false reading but a reading nontheless) which means connections are in tact
i have been to 3 different electricians and they are all clueless
hhhhhhheeeeelllllpppppp I am gonna sell the vehicle and I want everything to be in working order before I put it up for sale

Tylenol
Remember that I got a reading from the guage when I connected the wrong unit (the guage moved to the max position and then back to the min position when vehicle started) which suggests to me that the guage itself is connected and working. Also what could cause the oil light to flicker on when I rev the engine?

Tylenol
Check oil pressure with mechanical gauge, if pressure is OK, then you may have a bad gauge, especially since you have replaced the sender.

Mmprince4000