WHY DOES IT TAKE ABOUT 7-10 TIMES OF TRYING TO START MY MITS BEFORE IT STARTS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVERYDAY

2000 Mitsubishi Galant • 150,000 miles

Once the car starts up and warms up it starts either once or twice of trying but when the car has been parked overnight or after about 5 hours it takes about 7-10 times of trying before it will start up. Sometimes at my 2nd or 3rd try the car will start up and then die off. Dis problem has been there since l bought the car about 3 weeks ago at 149000 miles and warms up it starts either once or twice of trying but when the car has been parked overnight or after about 5 hours it takes about 7-10 times of trying before it will start up. Sometimes at my 2nd or 3rd try the car will start up and then die off. Dis problem has been there since l bought the car about 3 weeks ago at 149000 miles
Davisnwokoro

Have the fuel pressure checked. Seems there is a leak in pressure somewhere and it could be intank, usually the hose between the fuel pump and housing.

Try turning the ignition on for 2 seconds, off and back on again for 2 seconds. Repeat the process a few times to prime the fuel system and if it is easier to start, there definitely is a pressure leak.

Thanks for ur advice.L wil try it tomorow morn and see how it goes. Wil get back to u

Davisnwokoro
Hi thanks for the great work you are doing I stumbled on the same problem while looking for an answer to mine, I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Galant VRG. The thing is whenever it parks overnight or for a few hours when starting it I have to do it at least three time before it peaks and sometime the first or second time will try to start then die off. You suspect pressure leak? What can I do to fix it, how do I trace where the leak is?

I did what was suggested and it started well after repeating the two steps.

Letazz
If you do not see any external leaks, the leak would most likely to be in tank.

Attach a pressure gauge to the fuel delivery hose and after priming up the pressure, note if it drops below specifications within a short period.

Ensure the fuel pressure regulator is good. Clamp the return hose and note if pressure drops as without clamping it. If both results are similar, the leak is intank and you would have to remove the fuel pump to check the hose between fuel pump and housing.