MERCURY MOUNTAINEER FUSE PROBLEM

2000 Mercury Mountaineer • 186,000 miles

I have no fuel going to the engine. I have already replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and the fuel pump relay switch. I checked the continuity from the wiring harness to the pump and that checks out. I am receiving only 5 volts to the pump. Is this right? What else can I check?
Mgraham25

You need 12 volts. Check as it will give 12 volts for 2 seconds with the key on. Wont turn on till engine cranking.

Assuming you checked the fuse, check the inertia switch on the right lower kick panel as well.

I checked the inertia switch and has not tripped. That is all I have check on that thus far. I have replaced the fuel pump relay and according to the owners manual that there is no actual fuse. The relay is the only fuel related item that I saw in the diagram on both the interior fuse panel and under the hood. The wiring diagram that I have also only relates to the relay and no fuses. What else would cause low voltage going to the fuel pump?

Mgraham25
Yes there is a fuse for the relay. I sent you the wiring diagram.

The fuse checks out

Mgraham25
Did a continunity test from the relay to the inertia switch, and that checks out with only.1 ohms. Ran a jumper from the battery to the pink and black wire to the fuel pump and I have pressure. I have 12 volts to the #3 port on the relay. I switched out relay switches, and nothing seems to be working. Could it be in the anti-theft system? Or the computer?

Mgraham25
Ok, never-mind. It was the anti-theft system. Up and running just fine now. Thanks for your help though.

Mgraham25