MAZDA B2500 FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2000 Mazda b2500 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 162,000 miles

My mazda pickup just died on me going down the road. Engine turns over but will not crank. I can hear the fuelpump kicking in don't have a clue
Rlmadison68

--Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard