KIA SPORTAGE GAS PROBLEM

2000 Kia Sportage • 180,000 miles

I have a leak in the vaccum line. It appears to come from a valve unit attached to the air intake just after the air filter. It had no gasket attached. It was running fine prior to replacing the rocker cover gasket to stop oil leaks. Car now has loss of power and chuggs. I have tested for air leaks using a piece of hose which led me to the unit with signifficant loss. How can I stop the loss of vaccum on the air intake.

Near as I can tell you are talking about he item i've pointed out in drawing and that should leak air as it is the idle air control. Check to make sure there are no breaks in teh air ducting leading to teh throttle as that willeffect it during idle/running. Then scan for codes and check fuel pressure

If the hose is leaking either replace the hose or get a larger one to cover it so it won't leak