OVER HEATING

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 164,000 miles

I am having problems with my 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo.
It shakes horribly like the steering wheel wants to go off by itself but most importantly I have had an issue with it heating up for the past 2 years.
Its leaked out the antifreeze ive had the radiator replaced and alot of the insides replaced as well.
With summer coming its starting to act up again as soon as I turn it on it just kind of shakesfor a few minutes then stops
also when I turn it off and ive had the ac on it sounds weird like a loud hurricane sound.
so far ive taken it to 3 different mechanics just this month alone
but now im worried because last yr I had it straight wired and now the electrical system is whats wrong but I told the mechanics I chose to get it straight wired because of the previous problems before.
so now im not sure what to do and if its possible to get it back to the way it was before without straight wiring and what kind of mechanic am I looking for or if I need a new motor as one mechanic told me.
Nomi91

That would depend on what is causing the overheating and coolant losses. If it is leakages depleting the coolant, rectifying the leakage should solve the problem but based on the symptom of shaking when engine is started, it is likely that you have a misfiring cylinder and that could be due to bad head gaskets.

Checking is not going to solve the problem. Get a pressure test done to confirm if it is the head gasket that ios bad.

It is always possible to get the wiring system back to standard but it would depemnd on what had been done and faulty compnents has to be replaced.