JGC POWER WINDOWS

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee • V8 4WD Automatic • 168,000 miles

A year ago I was told by a Jeep dealer that the wires (Thick black and pink wires) in the boot of the door were broke from wear. I believed they were cut. Anyway, I was able to get the wires connected and the windows worked. I did this twice(each time the wires slipped from the connectors)This is third time I connected them nothing worked.

I checked all fuses (inside Jeep and in engine area) all are good/fine.

Since the wires were cut or broken from wear. The windows, steering wheel sound system controls and the vehicle information center won't work.

Is there something more to it than before?
Becks731

As far as the windows, did you check for voltage at the fuse? If nothing else, twist the wire ends together, solder, use electrical tape and shrink tubing. I don't know what type connector you were using? They make one that clips onto the wires and cuts into the wires at the same time.

The tan wire with lite blue tracer should be hot going into driver door. The black wire is ground.