CLUTCH PROBLEM

2000 Isuzu Rodeo • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 105,000 miles

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo in which the clutch pedal went to the floor & stayed there. Upon inspection, the clutch master cylinder was empty on fluid. I filled the reservoir & bleed the clutch master slave cylinder with no luck. After the car had sat for a couple day's I noticed a leak coming from the slave cylinder. I replaced the slave cylinder & bleed the air from the line, now my problem is that the clutch feels more like the brake petal then a clutch. The petal builds pressure but never goes to the floor to disengage the clutch. I bleed the line so that the petal would go to the floor once again so I could start the car & what it started there was a grinding noise until I lifted the petal up & the grinding noise went away. I pushed back down on the petal & the noise comes back. Any ideas what might be the problem?
TedG

Noise is release bearing does truck have original clutch?

Docfixit
I'm unsure, I was told when I bought the car 8 months ago that the clutch had been replaced. I'm pretty handy with repairs & was per-paired to pull the transmission as I thought the throwout bearing was the problem until I noticed the slave cylinder leaking. I replaced that & got pressure on the clutch but now it acts like the brake pedal in that it doesn't go to the floor, it goes halfway & stops with constant pressure. The only way I was able to start the car was to bleed the slave cylinder to drop the pedal then started the car. Once the car started with the clutch pedal down to the floor it made a grinding noise. When I lifted the pedal, the grinding noise stopped, I pressed back down on the clutch pedal to see if it would do it again & it did.

TedG
Think R&R is in order suspect bearing cocking and hanging on sleeve

Docfixit
R&R? Please explain. Are you saying that the throw out bearing might be the problem?

TedG
Remove and replace trans

Docfixit