INFINITI Q45 CLUTCH PROBLEM

2000 Infiniti Q45 • 174,000 miles

Had all four belts replaced in October, but now I crunk up left work and my battery and brake light came on. By the time I got home looked under the hood and noticed the top belt was broken. Why did my belt break again so soon after having them replaced. I think the one that broke is the alternator belt. Should I replace it with a more expensive belt.
Advance Auto is where I purchased them.

*W.P. &Amp; Idler / SERP BELT POLY RIB 5060330 Dayco $20.99
*Comp. &Amp; Idler / Serp Belt Poly Rib 5040400 Dayco 17.39
*Fan, Alt. &Amp; Idler / Serp Belt Poly Rib 5060295 Dayco 16.99
*P.S. &Amp; Idler / Drive-Rite V-Ribbed 365K3 Drive Rite 10.69

WITH THE ENGINE OFF!

SPIN THE PULLEYS THAT ARE INVOLVED WITH THE BROKEN BELT---DO THEY SPIN FREELY?

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT THE A/C. THE A/C COMES ON WHEN YOU TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONING. IT ALSO COMES ON WHEN YOU TURN ON ANY "HEAT MODE" THAT INCLUDES "DEFROST"

. SO IF NEITHER MODE IS OFF---THE A/C CLUTCH PULLEY SHOULD SPIN FREE

IF EITHER MODE IS ON THE CLUTCH ENGAGES THE COMPRESSOR

LET'S MAKE SURE THE COMPRESSOR IS NOT LOCKED UP

THE CENTER PORTION OF THE AC PULLEY IS, IN ESSENCE, THE COMPRESSOR SHAFTIF THE A/C MODES ARE OFF, THIS PORTION SITS STILL, WHILE THE PULLEY TURNS AROUND ITWHEN ON, THE CENTER PORTION TURNS "WITH" THE PULLEY

CAN YOU TURN THE CENTER PORTION FREELY WITH YOUR FINGERS. LIKE 2 OR 3 REVOLUTIONS?

IF IT STOPS----THE COMPRESSOR MAY BE LOCKED UP

MORAL OF MY STORY

---ALL MAYBE FINE TILL YOU TURN ON THE A/C OR DEFROST, THEN THE PULLEY LOCKS UP, CAUSE IT CANNOT TURN THE COMPRESSOR. THEN IT BREAKS OR MAKES A RACKET, TILL IT DOES

THIS MAY NOT BE YOUR ISSUE AT ALLCOULDA BEEN A DEFECTIVE BELT----OVER-TIGHTENED BELT---ETC.

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND