MY CAR WONT GO INTO OVERDRIVE

2000 Hyundai Accent • 170,000 miles

My car drives and shifts poerfect. But it wont go into overdrive or lockup. I unplugged the trans. Speed sensor and the car started shifting early and starts out in third gear unless I downshift it manually. I plugged the sensor back in, now it shifts fine except. No overdrive. The light on the dash is working. But a while back, if the shifter wasnt exactly in a certain spot, it wouldnt go into o.D. Unless I shook the gearshift back and forth a little. The light would go off and it would go into o.D. But now it doesnt.
Davidriewer

-Scan the TCM for codes/s

Okay, I had the computer scanned and no codes. Now is there a seperate computer for the transmission?

Davidriewer
TCM- ( Transmission Control Module )

There is no tcm

Davidriewer
Scan the computer for code/s, also check fluid level, and throttle and cable adjustments

Disconnect electrical connector for overdrive switch and note switch terminal identification. See Fig. 16. Overdrive switch is mounted on driver's side of gearshift lever.
Depress overdrive switch to ON position. Using DVOM, ensure continuity exists between terminals No. 4 and 5. Depress overdrive switch to OFF position. Ensure continuity exists between terminals No. 5 and 6. Replace overdrive switch if continuity is not as specified.