WHY IS TRANSMISSION STALLING?

2000 Honda CRV • 19,000 miles

While driving up a hill, my 2000 crv just stopped. The engine was running fine, but the trans. Wasnt engaging. We put trans. Fluid in, and drove home. We replaced the Torque Convertor solenoid. Then it drove for 2 days, just fine. Today we drove out, there was a whining sound coming from the passenger side of the front engine. It drove a couple miles, then stopped again. Engine still runs fine, trans won't engage. We sat for a few minutes, and drove it home, it worked again! Does this sound familiar to anyone? The reason we replaced the Solenoid is because the check engine codes were; PO740 and PO730 TCC. Will I need another Transmission? It has 190,000 miles, bought it 3 yrs ago, the other owner said he had replaced the Transmission before we got it. Hoping there is a simple fix, we can do at home, Thanx, kweenie
Kweenie

Sounds like the torque converter has failed. Get a trans shop to confirm.