ERG VALVE: VACCUM LEAK

2000 Honda Accord • 2.3L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 137 miles

So far I've been unable to fix a EGR vacuum leak on my 00 accord 4 cyl sedan. I've cleaned it, replaced gasket several times (after moving old gasket/residue) and tried two new EGR's with no success. After new gasket I waiting a couple of days hoping to get a better seal but when I smoked test the system again smoke is coming from the EGR stem area.

PS I've notice when I remove the egr the gasket is never sealed between the intake and egr; not sure why this is.

What could possibly be the problem?
Manbug1

Either something is stopping you from seating the EGR or there is something warped. Is the actual smoke coming from the gasket area? If so, try using 2 gaskets and make sure nothing is stopping it from seating.

Let me know if that helps.

The smoke is coming from the middle where the stem located. I get this when I've block everything off to build up some pressure with the smoke.

Manbug1
How much pressure is building? Is anything coming from the base gasket?