BRAKE LIGHT

2000 Honda Accord • 2.3L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 378,000 miles

No idea what my boy did but hopefully someone can help. My break lights r on now and won't go off. What can this be and hopefully I don't have to take the lights off everyday until I can fix.
Jolong777

Chances are he didn't do anything. To be honest, the brake light switch is most likely the issue. The go bad or even go out of adjustment. The switch is located at the top of the brake pedal. Check to see if it is properly attached and the switch is releasing when the brake is released. If it's bad, it's a cheap part. It's a little tight replacing it, but not a hard job.

Let me know if you have other questions.

SEEN ANY LITTLE PLASTIC PARTS IN YOUR FLOOR BOARD ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE?

THIS MAY OR MAY NOT APPLY TO YOUR CAR. BUT I'LL THROW IT OUT THERE ANYWAY!

THE ACTUAL SWITCH......MAY NOT BE THE PROBLEM

THE PROBLEM IS........ IT IS NOT BEING PUSHED BACK IN ALL OF THE WAY WHEN YOU RELEASE THE PEDAL.....LIKE IT WAS BEFORE

I SEE THIS A LOT, THIS IS SO STUPID THAT THEY DID NOT LET THE METAL BRACKET PUSH THE SWITCH----THEY THREW IN A "SOON TO CRUMBLE" PLASTIC PART

BEAR WITH ME AS I TRY TO EXPLAIN, A MIRROR AND A FLASHLIGHT MAY HELP YO SEE IT BETTER

ALSO CONTACT YOUR SKINNIEST BUDDY WITH DOUBLE JOINTS!

I ALSO INCLUDED A "RENDERING" OF A "MacGYVER SOLUTION" THAT I CAME UP WITH, AS THE LITTLE PESKY PART IS A DEALER ITEM, THE SOLUTION DOES WORK IF YOU GET THE THICKNESS IN THE BALL PARK---ONE OF THESE ABOUT THE RIGHT SIZE (IN LINK) WITH A SMALL WASHER OR TWO UNDER IT TO THICKEN IT UP

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_panel-trim-retainer--gm-ford-chrysler-dorman--autograde_10022708-p?searchTerm=trim+panel+retainer

SEE MY DIAGRAM BELOW

HOW'D I DO?

KEEP US UPDATED

CJ MEDEVAC II