HONDA ACCORD CLUTCH PROBLEM

2000 Honda Accord • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 133,000 miles

I changed my master cylinder and the slave cylinder and I still have a loose pedal and it wont shift. What can be wrong?
Msantiago

I also bleeded both of the cylinder and still with a loose clutch, what can be wrong?

Msantiago
Do you have good pedal pressure?

Mhpautos
No I dont, the clutch pedal has no pressure at all.

Msantiago
You must still have air in the system, can you see air when you bleed the clutch?

Mhpautos
No, oil comes up but not alot just a tiny bit. Could it be that I have to adjust the clutch pedal?

Msantiago
You must have sufficient clearance between the pedal and master cylinder push rod. If there is insufficient clearance, the master cylinder piston would not return fully and prevent fluid from going into system to bleed the air out.

Whats clearance? I know its not pumping the air out, cause it has no strength, but do I just adjust it?

Msantiago
Perform the following and then bleed the system again.

CLUTCH PEDAL & CLUTCH PEDAL POSITION SWITCH ADJUSTMENT
NOTE: • The clutch is self-adjusting to compensate for wear.
• If there is no clearance between the master cylinder piston and push rod, the release bearing is held against the diaphragm spring, which can result in clutch slippage or other clutch problems.

1. Loosen locknut (A), and back off the clutch switch (B) (or adjusting bolt) until it no longer touches the clutch pedal (C).

2. Loosen locknut (D), and turn the push rod (E) in or out to get the specified stroke (F) and height (G) at the clutch pedal.

? Clutch Pedal Stroke: 141-151 mm (5.6-5.9 in.)
? Clutch Pedal Height: 190 mm (7.5 in.)

3. Tighten locknut (D).

4. Turn the clutch switch (B) in until it contacts the clutch pedal (C).

5. Turn the clutch switch (B) in an additional 3/4 to 1 turn.

6. Tighten locknut (A).

7. Loosen locknut (H) and the clutch interlock switch (I).

8. Press the clutch pedal to the floor.

9. Release the clutch pedal 15-20 mm (0.59-0.79 in.) From the fully pressed position, and hold it there. Adjust the position of the clutch interlock switch (I) so that the engine will start with the clutch pedal in this position.

10. Tighten locknut (H).

Thanks ill let u know how it turns out!

Msantiago
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2