BLINKER ISSUES ON .

2000 GMC Sierra • V8 4WD Automatic •

Having a problem with my blinkers on a 2000 GMC Sierra. Replaced the flasher relay, verified it was the correct replacement, but now they blink twice as fast as they normally do. FYI, the hazzards seem to be working normal. Checked all the bulbs, and they seem to be working properly. Is there another relay or something else I need to replace?
Gman12

Maybe the hazzards are normal because they flash more bulbs than just the turn signals. Did you check the actual voltage available, turn signal compared to hazzards? I'm just thinking out loud. An overcharging issue can cause a faster flash. Hazzards are mostly used with key on engine off, that is battery voltage. Turn signals mostly used, engine running, alternator voltage, there is a difference.

I did not check the voltage. Everything acts the same whether the truck is running or shut off.

Gman12
If there isn't a voltage difference, I don't know? There has to be a voltage difference at the flasher, with key on engine off, and engine running, no way around it.