I HAVE A AND 6 MONTHS AGO IT STARTING STALLING INTERMITTEDLY AND SOMETIMES WHEN I STARTED IT BACK UP, I WOULD HAVE TO "GUN" THE GAS PEDAL TO KEEP IT FROM STALLING AGAIN. 1ST TIME I TOOK IT TO GET IT FIXED, A DIAGNOSITCS WAS DONE, BUT BE

2000 Ford Windstar • 11,200 miles

Symptoms: before starting the van, I have to pump the gas pedal, at least 2 times to start, otherwise if I start the van it will stall withing a couple of seconds. This is all intermittent. A couple of times, while driving, it will stall. I would start it up and have to press the gas pedal a few times to keep it from stalling and then it will go. Yesterday, driving home, it acted like it was going to stall and I would press on the gas pedal and the only example I could give that it felt like, would be a bike chain skipping a link. It kept "jerking". Feeling at a loss that this is not corrected. Was told that since the engine light does not come on that a diagnostics is useless because it could not read codes. I need some ideas.
Sherriewheeler

If the light isn't on, chances are there are no codes stored. Check fuel pump pressure and make sure it is within the manufacturer's specs.