FORD TAURUS ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

2000 Ford Taurus • 124,000 miles

While driving home the radio and blower died; after this happened the car engine started running rough when stopped and in park. Why?
My car normally dims the lights when at a stop to conserve energy, but never turned off any components. I checked the fuses and they were good. I'd just installed a rebuilt alternator earlier this week and suspect the voltage regulator (alternator) may be the problem. When I turned the ignition switch to the on position, the radio and blower were OK. What checks can I do to make sure its the alternator and not something else?

Sincerely,

Paul

Clean the battery terminal ends first, check belt and tensionser as reccomended replacement is 60k then start car and swee what voltage is at battery. It shold be 13.6 at least. Also check battery for condition including load test. Most auto parts, tires stores do this for free