SPARK PLUG CHANGE

2000 Ford Taurus • 122,323 miles

Alright I am attempting to replace my spark plugs and wires myself. I have replaced both plugs and wires on the front and as well with the one in the first cylinder. I decided to put everything back together and test it out. Upon turning on the car it hesitated and eventually shut off like it wasn't getting any fuel. I am not an experienced mechanic of any sort just tried working on my car myself. I went over everything I took apart and everything is put back correctly just not 100 percent sure about the spark plugs and wires because I have never done it before.

Jdjarman0417

Did you change out one plug and one wire at a time? Ie. Firing order correct?

Docfixit
Yes I made really sure that was correct, however come to find out I might have broke a hose that's connected to the fuel line so it might have lost pressure. Not 100 percent sure that's the problem but that's what i'm going with until it's fixed

Jdjarman0417
Fuel pressure is @45psi so think ypu broke a hose fuel would be everywhere maybe a vacuum hose?

Docfixit
Yeah perhaps a vacuum hose for one it's a hose within a hose and it looks like it snapped off but can't really tell from where because it's back behind the intake manifold.

Jdjarman0417
So what happened? Able to get at hose and repair?

Docfixit
Well come to find out we did break the egr pressure sensor and I had to replace that but the big problem was that I wasn't able to remove the intake manifold but I still slid it a little bit to have broken the gaskets. They were already cracking anyways and really needed replacing but I didn't know that until we got the whole thing off. But upon breaking those gaskets it allowed air to get inside and make the engine think it needed to pump more fuel in which causing it to rev up a lot and then immediately shut. So it was a vacuum issue after all. It is fixed now and it runs great. Thanks for the help you gave Docfixit

Jdjarman0417
Good to hear Thanks for letting me know and glad that it runs well. You did good

Docfixit