CODE P1506

2000 Ford Taurus • 6 cylinder • 140 miles

2000 taurus coding with p1506. Replaced IAC twice, new plugs, upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, no vacuum leaks, I successfully got rid of 6 out of 7 codes. All monitors except evap and egr check out just before P1506 hits again. Could this be the DPFe sensor or what is it?
Amtracker

Check the PCV valve, and its hose.

PROTECH1980
I realize this will sound goofy but I cant find it. The 'book' says it is located on the rear valve cover towards the right side.I do not see it.

Amtracker
The PCV valve is below the induction air tube and throttle body assembly area. There is an oil separator on the bottom of the intake that is connected to the PCV valve through a hose.

PROTECH1980
Replace the valve and tube, should take care of problem, let me know

PROTECH1980
There is two lines coming from the valve covers but do not have PCV's in them. I did see something attached to the firewall and going the the bottom of the throttle body intake hose.

Amtracker
Feel below your throttle body, there is a tube under it, follow that tube it will lead to your pcv valve, Its a tuff one, you can barely see it.

PROTECH1980
I think we are both on to something. I will not know until tomorrow when I get a new one and figure it out. I will keep you posted. Thank you

Amtracker
Make sure to tell the parts store or where ever your getting one its for the DOHC, Ive had trouble getting the right ones. Actually think I've gotten them from Ford.

PROTECH1980
Ok, so I replaced the DPFe and it didnt do the trick, shocking. I broke down and got the PCV valve. The damn thing was in the middle of the valley under everything! Good times my friend. I started it up and it did not rev up high as before. I am hopeful this will kill the dreaded light and pass inspection after I get it through the drive cycle. I will repost the whole situation once inspected so anyone else having this problem can help someone else.
QUESTION: it might have been a mistake but I didnt replace the hose. Can that be the source of a serious vacuum leak?

Amtracker
As long as the hose looked in good shape, you'll be in good shape, the pcv should be the problem and I think that this will take care of the problem. I have dealt with this problem personally on a couple of tauruses, they are a real joy to change, Im glad you got it done and let me on the outcome. It might take a certain number of key cycles to clear, if you dont want to wait, maybe if you have or can get access to a scanner you could clear the codes.

PROTECH1980