BRAKE WARNING LIGHT

2000 Ford Taurus • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

Greetings,
I am working on a 2000 Taurus SE FFV, that has the ABS as well as the Red Brake Warning light on constantly. This is my sister-in-laws car so I'm the middle guy/mechanic.
She said the ABS light has been on for awhile, and that the red light just came on recently.
I am helping her get it fixed for inspection. The following is a quick recap of what I have done so far, without getting the red light to go off.

Checked back brakes, adjusted back brakes, adjusted emergency brake cable.
turned (1) front rotor, replaced front pads
Bled brakes
Light still on
Checked parking brake switch, it works correctly
checked fluid level, again
replaced master cylinder, resevoir, and fluid level switch
bled brakes
checked fuses
light still on

Not sure what to check next. I've been told the ABS light on should not affect the red warning light?

Help
Srtexas

Have ABS scanned this should tell why lights are on

Docfixit
Ford house said they could not scan for red warning light problems. The ABS is on becaus of no comm between ABS module and sensors (needs new module, I'm assuming). I was told that the ABS doesn't need to be in working order for the red light to go off, and thus the ability for a good inspection. Have I been missinformed?

Srtexas
Yes an ABS failure will set brake warning light

Docfixit