KEEP DRAINING THE BATTERY. IVE CHECKED THE ALTERNATOR WHICH IS FINE. SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING IS STAYING ON AND DRAINING THE BATTERY EACH NIGHT. WHERE SHOULD I START LOOKING AND HOW SHOULD I TEST IT. THANKS

2000 Ford Ranger • 15,500 miles

The door ajar light was staying on, but I think I have fixed that. Battery still is draining down and I just put a new battery in it about two days ago.
Term

Your going to have to do a parasitic draw test on the truck to see whats going on.

Im going to try the parasitic draw test tomorrow evening. I put a new belt on and it was fine, not since the battery started draining it has started to squeal a lot.

Term
If the belt is squealing did you check the belt tenisor?

I replaced the pulley for the tensioner, should I replace it all?

Term
The pulley only spins the arm is spring loaded thats what keeps the belt tight. Does the belt still squeal?

Needed a new water pump and belt tensioner, so that is fixed. Now the battery is still draining, and the turn signals have quit working. I have yet to find anything that is draining the battery.

Term
Have you performed a parastic draw test yet?

Yes, I found that it may be the door switch. The extended door on the drivers side does not latch. Would that cause it to drain the battery.

Term
If it was keeping the dome light on etc then yes it could.

Fixed the battery drain, disconnected the bottom door latch. Now I need to find a new one. Thanks for your help.

Term
Page 1 of 2