CONTINOUS BLOWN FUSES

2000 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 150,000 miles

Ok so I have a 2000 Ford Ranger manual v6 3.0L. A week ago the alternator volt regulator fuse blew. I replaced it along with the battery bc it was bad as well. Today the fuse blew and everytime I try to replace it the fuse blows before I can even get it in good. Auto part guy said my battery was the correct one and that my alternator was fine
Cbrashaw

Disconnect/unplug connector/ all the wires on the alternator and try the fuse again

Took the two wiring harnesses off but not the bolted wire in the back of the alternator and still did same thing do I need to take the bolted down wire off?

Cbrashaw
Hey there boss. I unplugged and disconnected everything. Still blowing the mini 30a fuse everytime I touch the receptacle. Believe it is spot 15 under the hood fuse box

Cbrashaw
Which fuse is blowing?-Is it fuse no.15 7.5 or the Alternator system fuse-?

It is the alternator voltage regulator fuse it is a 30a mini can't remember the # want me to look?

Cbrashaw
Verify the yellow and white wire to terminal A on the alternator is not shorted directly to ground-use a DVOM

Here's the charging system EWD

Ok I don't have a voltmeter. I know. I suck

Cbrashaw
Looking at the diagram. The battery light is working, so the malfunction most likely is coming from the yellow line? Considering it is the only line that runs through the 30a?

Cbrashaw
Get going and let me know the status