HOW DO I RECTIFY THE OVER HEATING PROBLEM IN MY CAR.

2000 Ford Ikon • 70,863 miles

My ford Icon 1.3 2000 model over heats though I have repaired the head, replaced the hose pipes, temp. Switch it still over heats to the extent of boiling in the coolant tank and emitting a burning smell and forcing me to stop the car.
Rollingonsalvez

That is a lot to have done to still have an over-heating issue.
Just to clarify, the temp. Switch is the switch at the engine block and not the thermostat.
I would replace the thermostat and make sure the cooling fans are coming on when they should.
Then a system pressure test would be a good idea. You can check for pressure yourself by grabbing the upper radiator hose after you have turned the car off and seeing if it has pressure or resists you trying to sqeeze it.
Sometimes pressure, which is necassary for cooling to working, can be lost by a faulty radiator cap.
If you are having a mechanic do this work, I would make sure they have checked the things I mentioned.
As far as repairing the head, did it need to be weled due to a crack?
Do you live in a cold climate? If you have not kept up on anti-freeze maintainence, there could be other crackes in the cooling system. I would definately do a pressure test if this is the case as you might have cracks in the block. The usually at the lowest point in the block as water settles out of the anti-freeze and freezes if it is not changed per manufacturer requirements.