COOLING SYSTEM

2000 Ford Crown Victoria • 139,909 miles

Drove the car on a cool morning a short distance from my house (3-4 miles). Stopped at service station put it in park noticed a small amount of steam rising from the area of the radiator, temperature gauge had just barely moved off cold also noticed a small little puff of air noise coming from further up on the motor. That made me nervous of a head gasket leak. However I got in the car and went another twenty miles without an issue. The car has alluminum heads and I was told the radiator needed to be flushed and filled every two years and it was done last summer.
Strunk613

So, is the car overheating, running bad or giving you any problems?

Wrenchtech
Not a one.

Strunk613
You may have the beginning of a coolant leak if you saw steam. I would have the cooling system pressure tested to find out and watch the level closely.

Wrenchtech
I didnt smell or see any coolant anywhere one question I have though is it was very humid this morning and there was lots of condensation. I was curious if that has the potential to cause something like that. It happened one other time before after it had snowed.

Strunk613
Condensation where?

Wrenchtech
On the grill and hood of the car possibly other places. It was very humid.

Strunk613
I can't tell you what that was. You need to pressure test as I already advised.

Wrenchtech
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Thank you very much!

Strunk613