DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL TOOLS TO REPLACE A FRONT WHEEL BEARING/HUB ASSEMBLY ON A ES WITH ABS?

2000 Dodge Stratus • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 191,000 miles

I am almost positive its a wheel bearing, I will be dong the 12-6 shake test once I get home and can get it jacked up. I just need to know if there are any special tools I will need other than the standard sockets. If you guys are willing to give me a step by step that would be amazing. Ill be happy to throw you some funds for your assistance.
Stevepoons

You really dont need any special tools the tool you may not have is the axle nut socket but they rent those at auto zone. You would just jack it up so the front wheels are off the ground let the car rest on jack stands. Before you do that make sure the ebrake is on and the car is on a level surface with the rear wheels blocked. Heres a trick to see if the bearing is bad out the car in neutral after doing what I said earlier then put one hand on the front strut and spin the front tire as fast as you can with the other hand. If the bearing is bad you will be able to feel it in the coil spring. Compare both sides to each other the coil spring should feel smooth while spining the tire. Let me know what you find and I will give you more instructions.

After lifting the car and performing the 12-6 oclock test I did not notice much play or wobble on either side. I also tried your technique and did not notice much of a difference. The reason I originally thought wheel bearing is because there is a loud "whining" sounds that gets louder as I increase speed. It is not effected by the brakes either. At first I though it was simple tire noise, but it has gotten increasingly worse.

Stevepoons
So you got t he tires spining pretty fast and didnt hear or feel anything?Also while driving and hearing the whinning if you let off the gas does the noise change?While driving and hearing the whining if you out the transmission in neutral does the noise change?