NO SURE WHATS WRONG

2000 Dodge Ram • V8 4WD Automatic • 140,000 miles

Okay I've done prior maintenance on my truck over the last month. I've gave it a tune up, a new radiator, oil change every 3000 miles, new air filter, transmission fluid change, new shocks, drums, shoes, brake pads, and a sealing in the back axle. I will be replacing the cat converter and exhaust for a Magna flow hi flow converter and a flowmaster 50 series. The a/c isn't working and recharging it don't help. The crusis control doesnt work. After all the work I've done to my truck so far and it still acts up. When I start my truck and start driving down the road, it acts like it is loading power and begins to slow down yet the rpm doesn't rise. When I let off the gas and go to accelerate again it seems fine but occasionally back fires. Is this a transmission, exhaust, vacume or a sensor problem? I'm not sure where to look next for this problem
Falcon19

Check engine light coming on? Has fuel pressure been checked? When it backfires is it through exhaust or intake?

Docfixit
Engine light isn't on and fuel pressure is good back firing seem to come from the intake

Falcon19
Would need to have a diagnostic scan done see if gives a clue. Many reasons this could be happening scan of all input and output sensors and controls is logical step to take.

Backfiring is often caused by a vacuum leak.

Docfixit
Check the tps

Mopar4Life98