FUEL INJECTOR PROBLEM

2000 Dodge Intrepid • 202,580 miles

I left work last night and the check engine light came on and I got heavy whitish smoke from the tail pipe I drove it 44 miles home never overheated and all fluid levels are fine. I plugged my scanner and I have a code for cylinder 3 misfire and cylinder 3 injector open circuit. The coil on the injector meters good with a multi meter!
Firemnted

White smoke from the tail pipe is normally a sign of burning coolant. Coolant might leak into the cylinder only after the engine is stopped and still hot.

If you didn't feel the misfire it is probably very intermittent. A poor connection between the terminals in a connector would be more common than a bad injector but to be sure you can switch the number 3 injector with a different one to see if the misfire moves to the other cylinder. If it does, replace that injector. If the misfire is still on cylinder 3, check the wiring.

I just tested it with a NOID light and the electrical part seems good. II did check the oms and I have way lower values in the one in question! The tail pipe smoked the hole way home and was worse when I stopped and started and also smells very strong like fuel! I have seen cars burl antifreeze and have also smelt it this is not the same.

Firemnted
I never tested the resistance of an injector but I can tell you that Chrysler has extremely little trouble with them. They buy them in flow-matched sets from Bosch. Doesn't mean one can't go bad but it wouldn't be the first thing I'd suspect.

I would switch it with another put its about a 1.5-2 hour job! Is there anything elce you can think of?

Firemnted
See if the plug will reach to an adjacent injector, then just switch the plugs around. You'll never feel the slight mistiming of when they fire. The fuel will just sit there until the intake valves open.