PLEASE HELP WITH NO IDLE PROBLEM

2000 Dodge Durango • 13,100 miles

I have a 2000 dodge durango 4.7 that I cannot find out how to fix. Let's start with some back ground on the truck. I just got it a week ago. I bought it after anothee guy replaced a cracked head. On the passenger side. The truck after being assembled then spun the cam dowel after being started the first time and ran for a little while. He said he overtightened the cam. He then took the cam off the old head and put it onto the new/used head and fixed it but since he had no idea where the timing was at when assembled. I took the valve cover off both sides and reset the time back to zero on everything. I got the truck started and it ran rough and wouldn't idle. I can getitto revup and oncepast 2000 rpms it runs great. After the first start up it threw a code for ignition coil 1 and 6 being out I replaced those two and then it threw a code fo 3 and 5 ignition coils being out not wanting. To throw more money at it I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that it could be the idle air control so I replaced that. Now it is throwing codes for coils 2-8 being out. I am so lost now on what it could be that is making this truck. Run so bad. I cannot get. It to idle I can get it to. Run ok after 2000 rpms. Please help.

As of today I replaced the throttle position sensor and it still won't. Idle
Skaterdemon69

Have the compression tested. The spun camshaft sprocket could have affected the valves.

Are you very sure the timing chains and are synchronised correctly?

Ya they are perfectly timed and I did a compression test all checked. Out great

Skaterdemon69
Seems the misfiring is the one causing the problem. What trouble codes were you getting?

I got codes 2-8 ignition coils being out but then that went. Away when I did a throttle position sensor now it is only cylinder five but I replaced that one and it went away

Skaterdemon69
So there are no trouble codes presently but it still cannot hold idle correctly?

Ya that's correct that is why I am so stumped. On what to do. Do you think it could be q bad pcm?

Skaterdemon69
It could be. I would suggest plugging in a scan tool and monitoring the datastream to see if anything is not working correctly.