ANY IDEA WHAT SEEMS TO BE SHAKING/BOUNCING?

2000 Dodge Dakota • 6 cylinder Automatic • 160,000 miles

I have had this problem for a year now and really wondering what is causing it. I can go over a speed bump at 3-5mph and it feels like middle of truck to bed of truck is kinda shaking up and down like a paint mixer. I have tried 6 sets of shocks now and nothing helped, you don't even see the bed shaking but you feel something shaking. If you talk it sounds like you are beating on your chest. While driving there is no vibration. I did notice my transmission mount does not look normal to me so I replaced it thinking it would help, but it's crushed again. If you find a picture of a new mount you will see it doesn't always look like that lol. Any help would be nice.
Syllinx

This is the mount I really want if it will help.

Syllinx
This mount is not designed for too much weight and seems it is being overloaded or the quality is suspect.

I would suggest checking the engine mounts. If they are bad, they would put more stress on the transmount.

I plan to go home check every inch of the engine mounts. I just thought if engine mount was bad that it would shake really bad when driving 70 on highway. There has to be something causing this, I hope to find out today what is going on.

Syllinx
Bad engine mounts seldom cause vibrations on highways. Vibrations would be felt more when gears are engaged with vehicle stopped.

As long as nothing happens today I will go home and check all the mounts and report back.

Syllinx
I checked everything I cannot find one single thing loose and no broken mounts. I can lift transmission with my hands a little but I guess it's suppose to have some slack.I used a jack to just check if cab was loose and it didn't give at all. So I don't think cab is bouncing. I loosened all the leaf spring bolts and rechecked them, they are all freshly greased. Tempted to just see how it rights if I torque the crap out of the leaf spring bolts. I can't stand how it's riding.

Syllinx
How are the conditions of the leaf spring and shackle bushes?

The bushing on the shackles are brand new. Installed last week and grease bolts. All other bushings are factory. Almost started to put poly bushing so there wouldn't be any slack for sure. It just really feels like something is bouncing free or possibly the bushings have shrunk. When I can find some way to mount my camera i'm going to tie it under truck so I can try to see what is going on. The back end sits higher than the front so the springs seem good.

Syllinx
Mounting a camera would be a good idea. Btw check the exhaust mounts and ensure the exhaust system is not swinging too much.

Thats a good idea, although I have a small thrush muffler and no exhaust pipe so there is less weight to swing around but the shop could have mounted it wrong I guess. I do have two snapped bolts on both side of engine in the exhaust manifold(could be cause of muffler-can't even hear a leak thank god). Please add a way to edit a post lol.

Syllinx